BD Vaccination Rules
11. Equine Influenza Vaccination
To protect the health of the other competing horses and the biosecurity of the venue, a valid passport must accompany the horse to all competitions and be produced on request. Failure to comply is a disciplinary offence and will debar the horse from competing at the event for which it has been entered. A horse will not be permitted to
compete unless it has a current vaccination against equine influenza which complies with the following conditions:
• An initial course of two injections for primary vaccination, not less than 21 days and not more than 92 days apart, are required before being eligible to compete
• A first booster injection must be given between 150 and 215 days after the second injection of primary vaccination
• Subsequent booster injections must be given at regular intervals of not more than 12 months, commencing after the first booster injection
• The most recent booster injection must have been given within six calendar months +21 days prior to the horse competing
• The full course or booster must have been administered at least seven days before arriving at the competition
The vaccination record(s) in the horse’s passport, must be completed, signed and stamped line by line, by an appropriate veterinary surgeon (who is neither the owner nor the rider of the horse). For those competing under FEI rules, please refer to FEI rules.
The responsibility to comply with this rule lies with the competitor, who should consult with their veterinarian.
Horses being found without adequate and up to date vaccinations will not be allowed to compete and will be barred from competing until such a time that they have been given their first and second vaccinations. The registration of any horse found in breach of this rule will be suspended until rectified.
Secretary: Laura Way
Phone: 0151 522 2949
Venue: Aintree International Equestrian Centre, Aintree Race Course, Ormskirk Road, Aintree, Liverpool, Merseyside, L9 5AS
Aintree Racecourse is located on the A59, just one mile from the M57 and M58, which link the M62 and M6. Follow the A59 to Liverpool and the AA Signs as you approach the racecourse for routes to the car parks.
|No prize money||1-4 starters|
|1st place||5-8 starters|
|2nd place||9-12 starters|
|3rd place||13-16 starters|
|4th place||At organiser’s discretion|