Traveling to Us
Aintree Racecourse is located on the A59, just one mile from the M57 and M58, which link the M62 and M6. Follow the A59 to Liverpool and the AA brown racecourse signs as you approach the racecourse.
If you are coming from the M57/M58, please follow Ormskirk Road (A59), past Asda, McDonalds and the Industrial Estate. Please take the left turn at the traffic lights for the racecourse, just after KFC and by The Rocking Horse Pub. To enter the racecourse, go underneath the barriers, turn left at the mini roundabout for the Equestrian Centre and right if you are heading to the Stables first.
It is an very easy route, but if you are struggling to find us, please call 0151 522 2949 and we will be happy to guide you.
- From South Leave M6 at J21A and join M62 west. Leave M62 at J6 to join M57, follow signs for races.
- From North Leave M6 at J26 and join M58, follow signs for races.
- From Mersey Tunnels Follow signs for Preston, then for A59, then signs for ‘Aintree’ or the racecourse
The easiest way to reach Aintree is by train.
The nearest mainline station to Aintree is Liverpool Lime Street. Liverpool Central Station is just a short walk from Lime Street, where you can catch a train to Aintree. Aintree Station is directly opposite the racecourse, where regular trains run every 7½ minutes on racedays.
- Aintree can be reached by bus on services: 300, 311, 345, 350 and 351 both to and from Liverpool.
- From Bootle New Strand take route 61A.
For further information on bus routes, contact Traveline on 0871 200 22 33 or visit www.merseytravel.gov.uk
- Liverpool John Lennon Airport is the nearest airport to the racecourse and is a 20-minute drive by road. Alternatively, take a bus to Liverpool South Parkway Merseyrail station where you can catch a train to Aintree [change at Liverpool Central or Moorfields onto the Ormskirk train]. The journey takes approximately 1 hour.
- Manchester Airport is approximately a 45-minute drive by road.